Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Your “Authentic Self” and DOING WHAT YOU GOTTA DO



I keep hearing/seeing posts and articles on becoming your "Authentic Self"!  In many of these articles, they seem to give the impression that on the quest to becoming this self, and DOING what you are meant to do, it is as easy as simply deciding to do it and dropping “everything” that you are currently “involved” in.  That MAY very well work for some people….however, my feelings on this subject are “somewhat” (Not COMPLETELY!) different. 

Sometimes on “that path”, it is necessary to take a temporary “detour”, aka….YA GOTTA DO, WHAT YA GOT DO, TO SURVIVE!! LOL ;-) Taking care of outstanding “commitments”, AKA BILLS, is one such “detour”, on the road to living out our dreams and “calling”.  REALITY CHECK…. “You” can say all you want, “JUST DO IT”, but if you don’t have a financial “cushion”, to fall back on, whilst pursuing your dreams, you could wind up going backwards, instead of progressing. 

Other ways, may work for other people but for me….I am a “steps”, kind of gal! ;-)  It has taken a while, but I am only two “steps” away from being DEBT FREE.  If another revolving debt has the possibility of being incurred, it will be to further/add to my education, and bring me closer to living my dreams, and becoming my “Authentic Self”.

In the meantime….I am going to continue doing, what I would advise anyone else to do….DO WHAT YOU GOTTA DO, AND KEEP BELIEVING IN YOUR DREAMS! 

No comments:

Post a Comment